Join us for a parenting workshop series via Zoom on Mondays from 4 to 5 pm (PT) / 7 to 8 pm (ET) presented by Nouriman Ghahary, PhD. Specializing in Healthy Family Dynamics.
Dr. Nouri is an associate professor of psychology and the director of clinical training for the PsyD program in Counseling Psychology at Felician University. She has been a practicing mental health clinician for more than 28 years. Dr. Nouri was part of Stepping Forward’s NJ’s counseling team for 7 years where she provided family, group, and individual therapy as well as parenting training workshops. She is extensively trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy and Cognitive Behavior Therapy.
The following topics will be covered in this parenting workshop series:
- September 14th: Responsive parenting in the time of Corona
- September 21st: Who’s in my head? Me or my parent?
- October 5th: Understanding the mind: How to get our thoughts to work for us not against us
- October 19th: Emotions get the best of me: How to respond to children in a balanced way
- October 26th: How to say it makes the difference: Communication skills training for parents
- November 2nd: Validating and problem-solving
These workshops are designed to provide a support environment to:
- Help parents identify and challenge patterns of thinking and behavior that are not helpful or are less effective in child rearing
- Foster healthier relationships with your family and self
- Improve emotional regulation by learning about the variable that contributes to reactivity
- Develop coping skills to manage difficult parent-child moments
- Develop skills for collaborative parenting
- Develop effective communication skills
- Develop validation skills need in problem-solving
Please email your Stepping Forward location to RSVP!