Developing a Supportive Environment for your Family (Via Zoom)
April 26, 2021 @ 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM PDT
Join us for a parenting workshop series via Zoom every other Monday from 4 to 5 pm (PT) / 7 to 8 pm (ET) presented by Nouriman Ghahary, Ph.D. Specializing in Healthy Family Dynamics.
Dr. Nouri is an associate professor of psychology and the director of clinical training for the PsyD program in Counseling Psychology at Felician University. She has been a practicing mental health clinician for more than 28 years. Dr. Nouri was part of Stepping Forward’s NJ’s counseling team for 7 years where she provided family, group, and individual therapy as well as parenting training workshops. She is extensively trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy and Cognitive Behavior Therapy.
This workshop is designed to provide a supportive environment for parents of children and adolescents with emotional sensitivity. The workshop series will help parents develop effective skills for managing the social-emotional challenges their children face, to improve the parent-child relationship and the overall family environment.
- Develop awareness and challenge patterns of parenting behavior that is less effective in child-rearing
- Learn Coping skills for management of difficult parent-child interactions
- Learn to stay regulated when their children are unable to do so by examining their own emotional triggers and by learning emotion regulation skills
- Learn skills to improve their relationships with self, children, and others
- Strengthen parental alliance and foster collaborative parenting
- Learn to communicate more effectively with their children and others
Please email your Stepping Forward location to RSVP!