Stepping Forward Counseling Center is inherently a teaching center for those who want to learn how to provide expert mental health care. We work with local colleges and universities to find motivated and passionate interns who are searching for:
- Real-life hands on training opportunities
- An enriching and unique learning environment
- Work directly with psychiatrists and a clinical team
- Work with different types of children and various conditions
- Flexible hours and great locations
Our internship program is designed to support our interns in an experience that will give them the full scope of an intense program. Interns are challenged to grow and expand their abilities in their field of interest. Interns work closely with our clinicians and staff and quickly gain the knowledge and experience to move forward in their educational and career goals.
If you are committed to learning about holistic treatment strategies for mental health care and identify as a passionate, curious, hard-working and open-minded person, we would love to hear from you. Please contact ustoday for more information.
"Our employment philosophy is the 3 P's. Anthony, Peony and I support our people to develop and execute programs that provide the profit for us to all grow. " - Christine Robertello, LCSW, CEO
- People - Staff, Providers, Vendors - support for continual education, flexible hours, child care, recreational activities, vendor appreciation program.
- Programs - That build on success and grows from challenges. Thinking outside the box support for innovating programs that reach our clients.
- Profit - Sustainable business results and corporate social responsibility. We currently support a school and orphanage in Haiti.
We are now accepting inquiries and applications for internships for 2017 and 2018 and hiring like-minded professionals in all locations. If you are interested, contact us today and include a resume, relevant experience and intent, and a cover letter. Send all applications to our Contact Us page.
Jill Pringle, LCSW is qualified to supervise students as a field instructor for any school of social work in the tri-state area. Jill is also a clinical supervisor.
Dr. Ghahary, Ph.D has extensive experience in teaching and supervision of Master’s and Doctoral level students and post-doctoral trainees. Dr. Ghahary is a Psychologist as well as a Licensed Professional Counselor in the State of New Jersey.
Dr. Mitchell Shaffer, Ph.D., LMFT leads the clinical supervision programs at Southern California, Irvine location at SFCC. Shaffer is very supportive while challenging our team of licensed Clinicians, MFT, Social Work Interns and Master level trainees.
Dr. Lisa Lottatore French, PsyD, BCBA-D is a licensed psychologist and Board Certified Behavior Analyst - (Doctoral BCBA-D) specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of autism spectrum disorders and developmental disabilities. Dr. French enjoys sharing her knowledge as she supervises psychology, MFT, and BCBA interns in our Yorba Linda location.